Monday, July 02, 2007

Mind Bending

I've spent a good chunk of the day trying to wrap my head around summer and winter threading, tie up, and treadling. I now have some concept of the possibilities, but that just warps my brain a little bit more.

Since I'm not really sure what I want, and playing with drafts is only giving me more ideas, I think it's time to quit for the day. I keep thinking that I want one thing and then finding other possibilities as I play.

I do have one FO shot but I need to upload it. I haven't taken the time to dump the latest set of pictures from the camera. It only took me a year to finish twisting the fringe on a shawl for my mother. But I think it turned out absolutely lovely.

Took the dog for a slightly longer than usual walk this morning, since this today's a holiday in my adopted home. We tried a new park, Goldstream Provincial Park. It's an absolutely lovely area. I also need to grab the pictures that DH took there... Sounds like a good excuse to add to this tomorrow.

I got to watch the dog chase a squirrel off of the deck this morning. I think I'd better avoid putting out any wool to dry, lest I find I have a yarn thief like the Yarn Harlot. Luckily I had all the fleece that I had processed into roving so I don't have any right now. I'm making myself not buy any more until I spin at least some of what I have stashed in the closet.

Speaking of which, I want to ply the stuff that I finished spinning earlier this week. Sounds like a good thing to do now!

No comments: