Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I seem to be posting less frequently

Hmmm....

Seems like every time I come to post it's been longer than I think. I'll definitely have to try to work on that.

I have been making progress on projects, though. I've got a pair of socks almost finished. A bag destined to be felted that was an auction item in a charity auction at work, some cottolin that I started spinning and I started warping the loom for some summer and winter place mats. We won't talk about the sock that I kept knitting in the round when I was supposed to start turning the heel. I haven't been able to face frogging it yet. Though I could decide not to, since I'm going to have to redo the first sock anyway--after finishing it I decided that it was just a little too big and cast on fewer stitches for the second one.

I'm doing the place mats as a test to play with the summer and winter tie up. Even with Fiberworks PCW, I was having difficulty envisioning what the final weave will look like. So I decided I needed to do some tests.

The cottolin is an attempt to use up some stuff that's been in my stash for ages. I'm going to figure out what to do with it when I finish spinning it. There were four different colors in the starter pack that I bought at Maryland Sheep and Wool several years ago, and I'm trying to see if I can spin a nice fine yarn and then figure out a pattern to use all the colors.

Coming soon some pictures of FOs (and maybe some WIPs).

No comments: