Thursday, May 10, 2007

I think I need another vacation

I'm back from going to Maryland Sheep & Wool and visiting friends, and I think I need another break.

The problem with going back to a place you've lived is that there are way too many people that want to see you, and somehow it's not as much of a vacation as it could be. Whine, whine, whine.

Unfortunately, I'm finding S&W to be waaay to crowded and can only take being there for the morning. By about 11 or 12 it is so crowded that you can't move and it's really hard to get to the vendors and buy anything. I did get some good yarn from Brooks Farm and some silk roving from Just Our Yarn. I also delivered the scarf/shawl to the ladies at Just Our Yarn. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it, so I can't post one, and will have to get one from them when they take a picture of it.

It was great to see friends and spend some time doing something other than work. I needed the break and it was great timing to get away.

I think this weekend will be split between doing some gardening, including figuring out what I want to put in pots, doing some designing for weaving, and writing up a couple of patterns. I also need to start a sock, since I got some yarn to do a sock sample for Just Our Yarn.

I just might start another set of posts around work stuff. I realized after a couple of conversations today that there might be some demand for some of the info that's rattling around in my head. I'll see if I can manage to convince myself to start writing.

I think I'm going to go off and do some other stuff.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I still think it was not as crowded as last year's insanity! It was very good to see you again. I hope your trip home was uneventful.