Tuesday, May 22, 2007

After a long weekend

Well, so much for the best of intentions. Last weekend was Victoria Day, the long weekend that marks the start of summer for most people in Canada. I intended to get a lot of stuff done, including gardening, pattern writing, designing a runner to weave, photographing some FOs. Only a fraction of that got done.

I do have two different pairs of socks on the needles. One out of Tofutsies and the other out of Traveler. The one out of Traveler is destined to be a sample.

I need to make some decisions about the weave structure for the runner that I want to weave. I need to start pushing myself to explore some different structures and learn about them, rather than just picking a random threading, tie up, and treadling.

I also need to get back to the spinning that I was doing over the winter. I managed to get more than half of the fiber spun, but have not gotten back to it since we moved in February.

And work is being interesting. I have an opportunity to move into a different role, and I'm taking it seriously. It's a role that I've played before and enjoyed, and I've been thinking that I need a new challenge. We'll see if it really happens.

I think it's time to go do some other things. I'm going to post more often and do all the other things that I've listed in this post...

1 comment:

Christine said...

Hello there M'Lady!

How is your crafty mojo hanging? My mojo is in park until the UPS dude rolls up to my door with two colors of pearl cotton that I need for my next blanket.

Good luck with your new role at work. I hope it is a good fit for you. Now if you'll excuse me I have to break two kittens antics up.