Thursday, March 10, 2011

Socks!

One pair finished, one still in progress.

The top pair is using the Leyburn socks pattern.  I really enjoyed this pattern, though I did toe up and used one of the Cat Bordhi arch increases.  The pattern slips stitches with yarn in front, then you pick up the yarn to make the crossing pattern.  It was quite quick and a pretty mindless pattern once started.

While I enjoyed the pattern, I think I fell in love with the yarn.   Twinkletoes from Chameleon Colorworks.  I'm going to have to get some more of this yarn.  It was a dream to knit with and I love how it feels.

The second pair is a pattern that I was playing with using the spiral arch increase from Cat Bordhi's New Pathways for Sock Knitters, and doing some cabling with it.  I'm not particularly happy with this pair, and I think I'm going to try doing some more involved cables that work in that increase as part of the pattern.  It'll be interesting to see if I have the wherewithall to plan it rather than just trying to make it work as I go (which is my usual method).

No comments: