Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I think it took the slow boat...

...except that there shouldn't have been a boat involved--oh wait! I live on an island, maybe there was.

Simply Socks is doing a short yarn club for yarns with unusual fibers, and I decided to jump in with both feet, since there were only going to be three shipments over six months. Seemed like fun.

So, when Alison, the wonderful proprietor of Simply Socks sent the notice that the first shipment was sent, I was eagerly anticipating its arrival. And I waited...and waited...and.... You get the idea.

It was sent on February 8th and arrived on March 14th. That's a personal record for anything that's been sent, from the US or otherwise. I'm beginning to wonder if Canadian customs harbors suspicions about yarn.... Except that the second shipment (and my Rockin' Sock Club shipments) got here fine and with no noticeable delay.

I will say that Alison was great through all this. She responded promptly and was quite willing to send an extra skein when it looked like the first was lost to the vagaries of the US and/or Canadian postal systems.

Now I have to decide what to make with the delicious yarn...and it is delicious.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I'm glad you were finally able to get your yarn. Maybe Customs has their eye on you for some reason. Please do tell, what have you really been up to on that island of yours? Some photographic evidence would be lovely. :)

Christine said...

March, huh? tsk, tsk...